Aviation has become my go to cocktail for Halloween parties and for good reason. It’s easy to prepare and the purple hue gives it the right amount of spook to perfectly fit into the decor. If you like gin and are sick of drinking the same old usuals, then give this gem a shot. You might be surprised and make it your new fav.
What goes in the aviation anyway?
- First start with a shot (1 oz) of your favorite gin and add it to a cocktail shaker
- Next, add 1/2 oz of maraschino liqueur
- 1/2 oz of Creme de violette
- 1/2 fresh lemon or lime juice (lemon makes it a little sweeter while lime does slightly the opposite)
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Sugar for garnish (coat half the rim with water and sugar for a sweet kick)
- Lemon slice or lime for garnish
Once these ingredients are in, give it a good shake for about 10 seconds then pour into a chilled glass, add the garnishes and voila!
Super easy to make and doesn’t take more than 5 minutes once you have all of your ingredients together. Since I normally make this cocktail around halloween time, I like to add mini spiders and cobwebs to the serving platter to make it fun and interesting. I decided to add a glass sugar skull, and adorable gem rock garnish pick. Let me know if you try it and if this was a success for your Halloween party!